House Parent – Fulltime
****No positions are currently available. When a position does open up, we have created a database of interested candidates. If you would like to have your name added to this list, please contact Info@cornerstone-ranch.com.****
Reports to the Program Director.
- Fulltime salaried position.
- Work Hours (may be adjusted depending on availability of Direct Care Staff): Monday-Thursday, 7:00am – 4:30pm, Friday 7am – 12:30pm, Sunday 7:30am – 12:30pm, and one consistent, additional evening per week 4:30pm – 8:00pm.
- Expected to work occasional weekends for special events such as Special Olympics.
- Expected to attend annual staff retreat.
- Regular meetings with the Program Director.
- May be required to accompany residents on summer trips.
Salary & benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Approximately six weeks of pre-scheduled, paid vacation.
- Private three-bedroom apartment on property attached to residents’ living quarters (occupant of this position must live on property).
- Low deductible health, dental, and vision family coverage.
- Workers compensation and liability coverage.
- 100% matching 401K contributions.
Hygiene & Health
- Assisting with, teaching and overseeing basic oral care, bathing, shaving, laundry and other daily life skills.
- Managing and helping residents accomplish chore expectations.
- Overseeing meal preparation, creating meal plans, and monitoring residents’ portion control and eating habits.
- Maintaining a regular exercise schedule.
- Distributing and restocking prescription medications and scheduling regular doctor’s appointments for residents.
- Creating and maintaining a regular schedule of activities and providing weekend activity plans or ideas for Direct Care Staff.
- Managing behavior issues.
- Leading the residents in practical training for serving the community.
- Locating additional volunteer or paid employment opportunities for residents.
- Proactively communicating with employers concerning schedule changes and vacation dates.
- Leading morning devotions with the residents, following a set curriculum.
- Implementing Christian faith into everyday activities with residents.
- Creating a welcoming environment for residents, volunteers, and visitors.
- Communicating regularly (weekly) with residents’ parents.
- Maintaining household needs and repairs, including keeping house and property reasonably clean, organized and stocked with supplies.
- Managing residents’ spending money and credit cards in conjunction with Office Manager and Bookkeeper.
- Organizing resident departure and return plans, including scheduling, transportation, packing, and cleaning.
- Overseeing care, cleaning and maintenance of household van.
- Providing supervision and support to Direct Care Staff.
To perform this job successfully, candidates should:
- Perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate care, compassion, and patience when working with adults with special needs.
- Have experience (volunteer or paid) working with adults who have intellectual or developmental disabilities.
- Provide several references regarding the quality of care provided for adults with special needs.
How to apply for this position
To apply for this position or for more information, please contact:
Mary Klentzman, Executive Director