Cornerstone Ranch is always looking for great volunteers to help serve alongside our residents and day program participants. Below are descriptions of our ongoing needs. To volunteer in any of these capacities, please download and fill out our Volunteer form or contact email@example.com.
Program assistants partner with us to provide quality care and programming. Each assistant works one-on-one with our residents and day program participants to paint a work of art, cultivate our garden, care for needs, or learn a new skill.
The Labor Force frees up the Cornerstone staff to care for our residents and day program participants by completing work projects on our campus. If you are interested in painting walls, pulling weeds, building structures, organizing closets, taking pictures, mowing lawns, or bringing a group to beautify our campus, we can use your help and expertise!
The Party People join our residents and day program participants for special programming throughout the year. Party People sponsor board game nights, cookouts, sporting events, fishing trips, or help host our events at Cornerstone.
Adopt a Project
If you are looking for an Eagle Scout project, a way to contribute your professional expertise, or a project to do with your church’s small group, please peruse this list for ideas:
Ongoing Opportunities (2014):
Knowlege & Expertise
- Photographer. Donate professional videography and photography services for social media and marketing.
- Maintenance expertise. Donate plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, computer, mowing, A/C and other services.
- Professional expertise. Donate your professional services to help us navigate legal, business, medical, insurance, construction and other complicated and technical fields.
- Staffing referrals. Help us find wonderful candidates to interview for open direct care staff positions.
Property Maintenance & Gardening
- Landscaping. Beat back the encroachment of bushes, brush, and tress that are invading the edges of the property.
- Gardening. Plant seed and young plants, maintain gardens, teach residents how to garden, harvest crops, and help with selling produce at the McKinney Farmers’ Market.
- Screened-in porch. Help us make the best use of our outdoor seating by adding screens to keep the bugs out.
- Fire pit. Build a large, attractive fire pit for use by our residents and for special events.
- Irrigation pond. Assist us in building a small 1/2 acre pond for livestock and fishing.
- Resident outdoor fitness area. Build an outdoor exercise area to help keep our residents and day programmers fit.
- Sports complex. Design and build soccer nets, croquet course, basketball hoop, and baseball backstop.
Throughout the years, members of the community have come and offered to help us by using their unique talents and skill sets. Through their faithfulness, our residents have benefited tremendously. We never could have imagined the impact that resulted from these God-ordained opportunities. If you have a specific skill or talent that you think might be beneficial to one or all of our residents or day programmers, contact us! We would love to hear your ideas. Some ideas may not be possible with our current schedule, but may be possible in the future.