Volunteer Coordinator (volunteer position)
- 8-11 hours of work per week, including 5-6 hours of volunteer recruitment, email communication, and administration per week, and 3-5 hours per week at Cornerstone with volunteers (hours vary depending on volunteer needs).
- The coordinator must have a flexible schedule to accommodate the volunteers he/she will be supervising. Some groups may be scheduled on weekends or evenings.
- Dual reporting relationship to both the Executive Director and the Program Director.
- Candidates must have superior communication, training, public relations, and project management skills.
- Candidates must have been active volunteers with numerous non-profit organizations for at least the past five years and active members of the local community.
- Volunteer coordination experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with children or adults with special needs is preferred.
- We are seeking candidates who can make a long-term commitment. Candidates must be able to commit to performing this role for a minimum of 2 years and preferably 5 years or more.
- This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
Volunteer recruitment and project management
- Maintain up-to-date list of projects that need to be completed at Cornerstone.
- Contact Program Director and House Parents weekly regarding additional needs.
- Recruit and assign volunteers to specific projects and communicate with them regarding financial expectations and necessary tools and equipment.
Volunteer scheduling & training
- Contact new volunteers and assist with completing application.
- Organize volunteer schedule according to Cornerstone’s needs.
- Maintain database of volunteers, their contact information, interests, and hours worked.
- Send reminder emails to one-time volunteers regarding their assignments.
- Assist in training new regular volunteers in their roles.
Volunteer leadership & reporting
- For first-time volunteers or groups, arrive before volunteers and oversee/assist with project.
- Communicate scheduled volunteer assignments to Cornerstone staff (through online calendar).
- Share volunteering stories, email pictures, and send thank-yous to volunteers and staff on a regular basis.
How to apply for this position
To apply for this position or for more information, please contact:
Mary Klentzman, Executive Director