BARN BASH 2020 HAS BEEN CANCELED.
Due to the circumstances surrounding the spread of Covid-19, Barn Bash 2020 has been canceled. We look forward to planning an even more amazing event in 2021!
If you have already purchased tickets and would like a refund please contact us at [email protected] Otherwise your ticket purchase will be processed as a donation. Thank you so much for all the ways you support Cornerstone Ranch!
WHAT IS DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES AWARENESS MONTH?
The National Association of Councils on Developmental Disabilities created this campaign to raise awareness about the inclusion of people with developmental disabilities in all areas of community life.
Did you know that in the community of North Texas there are over 250,000 people with special needs that desperately need services like Cornerstone provides? To highlight this fact, March is a busy time at Cornerstone Ranch when we join with thousands of organizations to recognize National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month. Here is an overview of March 2020:
- MARCH 3 – Fairview, TX Mayoral Proclamation
- MARCH 4 – Legacy Christian Academy Work Day
- MARCH 17 – McKinney, TX Mayoral Proclamation
- MARCH 21 – Barn Bash Party & Open House, World Down Syndrome Day
- MARCH 23 – Plano, TX Mayoral Proclamation
- MARCH 28 – Harvest Restaurant Proceeds Dinner
- Join us for dinner at Harvest Seasonal Kitchen in downtown McKinney and a percentage of proceeds from the evening will be donated to Cornerstone Ranch!
WHAT IS A DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITY?
A developmental disability is defined as a severe, chronic disability that is:
- Attributable to a mental or physical impairment or combination of the two;
- Manifested before the person reaches age 22;
- Likely to continue indefinitely; Classified by substantial functional limitations;
- and Classified by a person’s need for interdisciplinary or generic care, treatment, or other services that are of lifelong or extended duration.
Some examples of developmental disabilities include Autism, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Fragile X, Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, and other neurological or chromosomal disorders. Check out the Cornerstone Facebook Page as we highlight specific developmental disabilities throughout the month of March.
Follow along with the official #DDAWARENESS20 hashtag to learn more!